Sunday, July 20, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Bend

Inspiration: Bend.

I wanted this pair to turn out a certain way. I experimented, trying to push the design to hang perfectly. The end product from my pushing turned out to be too damn busy. So I took the earrings apart and put them back together in a way that embraces how the hoops hang and the wire holds the beads. This pair will often not hang symmetrically, and sometimes the beads might turn in opposite directions. They remind me to stay flexible and keep my mind open to possibilities.

These earrings feature wooden discs strung between round ceramic orange beads. The beads are connected to an aluminum hoop via silver craft wire. The ear wires are surgical steel. This pair measures approximately 2 inches in length.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.