Monday, July 21, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Joy

Inspiration: Joy.

This morning, I returned home from a weekend on Cape Cod. I have many good memories of times on the Cape. One that always features from my childhood is when my sister, Mimi, and I would go to an arcade with family friends. We would play the Simpsons arcade game together and have our fortunes told by a psychic mannequin in a glass booth. Today's earrings feature tokens, which reminded me of the joyful feeling I would experience while at that arcade.

These earrings feature brass arcade tokens, which are tarnished with age. Turquoise balls hang atop the tokens from gold craft wire. The ear wires are surgical steel. This pair measures approximately 2 1/4 inches in length.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.