Sunday, August 3, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Root

Inspiration: Root.

Erik and I have been at my mom's house for the past few days. On Friday, we went on a little adventure, visiting a few different thrift shops. At one of the shops, the sales person encouraged me to "root around" a tray of jewelry. While I didn't find anything that caught my eye, I loved the encouragement to peruse and explore. I took that feeling home with me, digging around in an old trunk later in the day. I struck gold, finding my rock collection from about 22 years ago: A Crown Royal bag containing stones from the beach. Yesterday night I went through the stones and found several that could be used in pieces of jewelry, including today's pair of earrings.

This pair features white quartz pebbles, which have been wrapped in silver craft wire. Gun metal discs hang from the pebbles. The ear wires are surgical steel. These earrings measure approximately 1 3/4 inches in length.

The photo today is different than usual due to the fact that I am not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.