Thursday, July 24, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Yes

Inspiration: Yes.

I love the word yes. I always think of an E.M. Forster quote from A Room with a View when the word yes comes to mind: "Make him realize that by the side of the everlasting Why there is a Yes--a transitory Yes if you like, but a Yes." So simple. The idea to create earrings that say "yes" popped into my head yesterday. But how would I do it? Today, I experimented with salt dough, and managed to create something wearable--! I don't know if I will put these earrings up for sale, as, you know, they're made of dough. (I could always market them as a snack in addition to a piece of jewelry, I suppose!) However, I think that they are a unique beginning to a "yes" earring collection.

These earrings feature--you guessed it--salt dough rounds with the word "yes" stamped into them. The rounds have been lightly painted white and glazed for sheen. They hang from silver craft wire. The ear wires are surgical steel. This pair measures approximately 1 3/4 inches in length.

I attempted to make a rectangular set of "yes" earrings, but I snapped
one of the rectangles in half. Craft fail. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.