Tuesday, August 19, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Collage

Inspiration: Collage.

My wonder twin, Sarah, and I went out to lunch today at a lovely cafe/farm/gift shop. While eating a very tasty sandwich, I had a perfect view of a jewelry display. Because I wasn't wearing my glasses, I thought the jewelry used antique coins or buttons. Upon closer examination, the jewelry did not feature coins or buttons, but it did inspire me. I thought, "Why not try punching a hole through a penny?" For today's pair, I did just that. I also whipped out the paint and Mod Podge again, imbuing the pair with a collage-y kind of feel.

These earrings feature copper pennies that have had a hole punched through them. The pennies were painted with white acrylic paint that was then partially scrapped off. A glossy glaze seals the paint. The findings and ear wires are stainless steel. This pair measures approximately 1.5 inches in length.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.