Monday, July 14, 2014

This Week in Glue: Or, Stuff to Get Me Through a Monday

The week is new. 
What do I like to get me through?
The stuff of Soul Glue:

Beverage: Polar Seltzer. Delicious. Amazing. I enjoy the blueberry flavor on the rocks with wedges of lemon and lime.

The Chi-Cha chunking it up on a
hot day.
Nickname for Gabe: The Chi-Cha. Gabe's nicknames are forever evolving. At some point, I will do a history of Gabe's nicknames to put them in some context. I have worries that he will never actually know what his real name is, but who can resist calling her fat baby ridiculous names? Not this lady.

Reading: Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. This is is the sequel to The Lies of Locke Lamora. The trilogy is sort of Ocean's Eleven meets The Lord of the Rings.

Way to Waste Time on the Internet: For those of us who grew up with the original Nintendo, this video will BLOW YOUR MIND (and also suck five minutes from your life).

Troubleshooting: How to make Commander Riker ear studs.

Words of Inspiration: Mary Oliver says, "I believe in kindness. Also in mischief." 

Around the House: Cutting flowers from the various plants outside our house to make little bouquets.

So lovely. No crap in the background.



And reality.

















Craft Idea: This tutorial for rain chains has been on my crafty Pinterest board for ages. Even if you didn't stick the chain at the end of a downspout, it would still make a lovely outdoor, or indoor, decoration.

Want to Learn More About: How to style my medium length hair. Last week, I became fed up with putting my hair in a clip and calling it a day. Since then, I have been scouring the internet for tutorials about how to put my hair into decent updos. If I wear it down, Gabe takes chunks of it in both hands and pulls me toward him in order to give me passionate drooly kisses. I love the kisses, but could do without the hair pulling. So far, I've found the Ma Nouvelle Mode blog, which features some helpful tutorials.

What's keeping your soul glued this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.