Friday, August 29, 2014

a-Pair-a-Day: Swim, Swim

Inspiration: Swim, Swim.

Several years ago, while futzing around with some art, I jotted down the phrase, "Swim, swim little fish." It's stuck with me, and I think of it whenever I feel frustrated or challenged by life stress. The paper used as part of today's design features a close-up of decorative goldfish scales, and reminds me to keep going (despite the stress I'm feeling in regard to my shop opening in two days).

These earrings feature decorative paper with a goldfish design that has been cut and adhered to copper plates via glossy Mod Podge. The plates hang in front of repurposed white shell earrings that have a metallic rim. Silver-plated stainless steel jump rings hold the two pieces together. The ear wires are silver-plated stainless steel. This pair measures approximately 2.5 inches in length.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.