Thursday, September 4, 2014

New Pair: Burst

Yesterday, I visited my mom on Cape Cod. I went to pick up lunch for us and....got distracted. To be fair, there is a GIANT antique shop across the street from the take-out place, so how could I resist? I walked in the door, turned right, and found a basket of vintage buttons. It was like Christmas. I located these fabulous flower clasps, featured in this pair of earrings, that reminded me of a sun burst--they are vibrant, flashy, and should probably be worn with big hair. And now for the details:

These one-of-a-kind earrings feature vintage brass flower beads, which were formerly a clasp. I removed the clasp hooks on the backs of the flowers, sanding down the rough edges. These earrings have been cleaned up and polished to the best of my ability, but due to age, they show some signs of weathering. Please note that the backs of the flowers have spots where the metal has tarnished or scrapped. The ear wires are gold-plated stainless steel. This pair measures approximately 2.5 inches in length.

To purchase these earrings, and other fabulous pairs like them, check out my Etsy shop, SoulGlue Crafts.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.