Monday, September 29, 2014

The Week in Glue

Here's what's keeping my soul glued this week:

Beverage: G&T with Citadel gin. Dee-licious.

Reading: I am in the home stretch of Cape Cod. I'm trying to decide if I should read another historical fiction novel next, or if I should dive into a fantasy series. All of this might depend upon what is available at the library.

Watching: My guilty pleasure prime time cable TV shows have started up again (Scandal!). I am sorry to say that I continue to watch Once Upon a Time, which is a poorly written and just plain horrible show. While watching it recently, I told Erik, "I want to projectile vomit. But I can't stop watching it." He doesn't really understand this--why would I watch something that's awful? Part of it is that I root for the villains (Destroy, Regina, destroy!) because the good guy characters are painfully saccharine and annoying. A second reason is that the little girl part of my brain has been programmed to want to watch Disney fairy tales. The third reason is that it makes me laugh because, well, because it is so bad (Hey Emma Swan: You're hooking up with a dude who has a big hook hand named CAPTAIN HOOK). Ok, I think I'm done with my TV rant of the week.

Listening (New category!): I do a lot of singing throughout the day for Gabe, but I also try to have him listen to different kinds of music. In general, I am not a fan of children's music because it grates on my brain. HOWEVER, there is a blog called ZooGlobble that reviews kid's music. I've learned about some fun (and not annoying to listen to) children's music artists. Last week, Gabe and I started listening to a band we learned about from ZooGlobble called The Pop-Ups. There is a song on their album, Appetite for Construction, called "Craft Night." Done and done.

Nickname for Gabe: Goofer. The kid is seriously a major goof. I love it.

Way to Waste Time on the Internet: I love to look at pictures of abandoned buildings. I think it's because of the creepiness factor. As Halloween is approaching, let's embrace the creepy!

Etsy Shop Update: It's taken me a little while, but I finally put together packaging for cowls and other snuggly items soon to be sold in my Etsy shop. I have also added a few pairs of earrings! Check out  the shop to see what's new. Here's a sample below:

A snuggly cowl awaits inside!

Vintage stainless steel buttons and marble rectangles.

Black, silver, and mother of pearl vintage buttons and silver hoops.

Around the House: I need to clean. My craft room is a disaster area. Also, Gabe has another cold, so that is (not) fun.

Craft Idea: I am preparing to make Gabe's Halloween costume. Here is a hint for what he will be:

!!!!! Source.

Things I'm Liking as I Type: That I was able to type this post in the morning instead of rushing to get it done tonight!

What's keeping your soul glued this week?


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh Gabe's costume is going to be as rad as Zara's "Gertrude Mc Fuzz" from Dr. Seuss!!! Boas keep arriving from amazon along with flapper bow head dresses. Pretty sure the postman thinks a hooker lives here.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.